Catalano, Caboor & Co. is a well-established certified public accounting and business consulting firm located in Lombard. Since 1987, the Firm has provided a wide range of accounting services including, tax planning and preparation, audit, and business and management consulting services to businesses and individuals nationwide. We have modern software and processes along with highly motivated accounting professionals and experienced support staff.
We are in search of a well-rounded, organized, and highly motivated Senior Accountant to join our professional team in Lombard. Our ideal candidate will have 3+ years of experience in a public accounting firm and have a background of progressive achievements.
- Experience with all types of tax entities and forms.
- Work on complex engagements in accordance with professional standards and within budget and deadlines.
- Identify and assist with implementation of tax planning and tax savings strategies for clients.
- Prepare complicated and complex corporate, partnership, and personal income tax returns.
- Provide proper representation with taxing authorities for clients under federal or state examination.
- Possess strong writing skills for responding to problem resolutions for tax notices.
- Prepare financial statements, reports, and records.
- Assist in the training of junior level staff.
- Cultivate new business opportunities.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge.
- Experience with tax and accounting software (Thomson Reuters preferred).
- QuickBooks experience a plus.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Highly detailed oriented.
- Strong research skills.
- Organized and able to manage multiple priorities and projects.
- Highly developed problem-solving skills.
- Strong knowledge of tax code, compliance and procedures for corporations.
- Familiarity with U.S. federal, state and local reporting requirements.
- Ability to work well independently as well as with the team and clients.
- Computer literate in MS Office Suite - Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Vlookup and pivot table experience highly desired.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting.
- CPA certification with active CPA standing.
- 3+ years of experience with a public accounting firm.
Remote work schedule is available after introductory period.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefit package including a 401(k) with profit sharing, multiple healthcare plan options, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and more. Salary based on experience. EOE.